Last updated: November 1st, 2022
HelioVolta LLC (“HelioVolta” “we” “us”) operates SolarGrade, a hosted solar project management application and related mobile applications (collectively, the “App”) as well as the public facing website at solargrade.io (collectively, the “Website” or “SolarGrade”).
Personal Information We Collect
We collect personal information that you provide to us and technical information automatically when you visit and interact with SolarGrade.
To create an account in order to use the Service, we collect your name and email address. We also collect information you choose to submit to the Service. We may collect other information you voluntarily submit to us, such as when you sign up for our newsletter, complete a survey, or email us.
In addition to personal information you deliberately provide us, we collect technical information automatically when you visit and interact with SolarGrade. This information may include your IP address, device type and identifier, browser type and version, operating system, and information about your activity on SolarGrade including the date and time you access SolarGrade and similar web server log information. Some of this information could identify or be associated with you and so is personal information.
We also may collect the location of your device for purposes of providing certain location-based features of the Service. See the section entitled “Location-Based Services” below.
Purposes of Using Personal Information
We may use your personal information in different ways depending on how you use SolarGrade, including whether you have created an account or are simply visiting SolarGrade’s public facing website. Depending on these circumstances, we may use your personal information to:
- Create your account, provide you access to and use of the Service, and otherwise operate and improve SolarGrade and our business generally;
- Communicate with you about your account and use of SolarGrade and Service including sending you information, requesting your feedback, answering your questions, providing you support, and notifying you of changes to our policies and terms;
- Personalize content and experiences on SolarGrade;
- Analyze your use of SolarGrade to maintain, improve, and troubleshoot the operation of SolarGrade;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies, pose safety issues, or be fraudulent or illegal; and
- Comply with our legal obligations and enforce our legal agreements including our Terms of Service or other agreements with you.
Some of the features of the Service may enable SolarGrade to access your location (through the location of your device) in order to tailor your experience with the Service based on your location (“Location-based Services”). In order to use certain Location-based Services, you must enable certain features of your mobile phone, such as GPS, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth, which enable SolarGrade to identify your location through a variety of means, including GPS location, IP address, cell tower location, geo-location technology, or detection by physical on-location Wi-Fi or Bluetooth sensors, as available. You may be given the option to automatically enable the provision of some Location-based Services through the App, and to enable or disable such Location-based Services at any time through the Device’s Settings menu. If you choose to disable any Location-based Services on your device and/or opt out of any Location-based Services, you will not be able to utilize certain features of the Service.
When We Disclose Personal Information to Third Parties
We do not share personal information with unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes. We also do not sell your personal information.
We may disclose personal information we collect to third parties as follows:
- With our affiliated organizations (for example, our parent company, or companies under common control with us);
- With our vendors involved in hosting SolarGrade and the application data within it, providing support or analytics services, monitoring and ensuring security, and otherwise supporting our operations, including in our marketing activities;
- With law enforcement agencies, government bodies, regulatory organizations, courts, or other public authorities if we agree or are legally required to comply with their requests;
- To satisfy any applicable law, or other legal or regulatory requirement;
- With a third party with which we are engaged in an acquisition, merger, asset sale, or other similar business transfer that involves a sale or transfer of personal information we maintain; and
- When you direct or specifically consent to the disclosure.
Third Party Links
Here are the types of cookies you may encounter in using our Website:
- Strictly Necessary – these are required by SolarGrade to perform certain functions such as allowing you to login into your account;
- Functional – these help to improve your experience by doing things like remembering certain preferences you have set or optimizing SolarGrade for your device; and
- Analytic – these are used to analyze, in an aggregated manner, the way SolarGrade is used so that we can troubleshoot and improve SolarGrade and our offerings.
Cookies may be set by our Website or by third parties we use for certain functions. Most internet browser settings will allow you to accept, reject, delete, and otherwise manage cookies set when using that browser. You can find more information about this at https://allaboutcookies.org/. You can also avoid receiving cookies by browsing SolarGrade using your browser’s anonymous usage setting (called “Incognito” in Chrome, “InPrivate” for Microsoft Edge, and “Private Browsing” in Firefox and Safari). Blocking our strictly necessary cookies will prevent certain functions of SolarGrade and the Service from working properly or at all.
How Do I Manage My Personal Information?
If you have an account, you can modify certain portions of your personal information associated with your account by logging in and modifying or deleting the information in your account profile and settings. Certain information such as a name and email address are required in order to maintain an account. To request a correction or deletion of personal information that you cannot manage through your account or to request that we delete your account, you can contact us with the request at our contact information below. When we delete personal information from your account (or delete your account entirely), we permanently delete your data from SolarGrade’s active user database. The data will thereafter remain in backups of the database until cycled out in accordance with our backup retention practices. You should be aware that traces of data can be recorded in multiple places in an information technology system and therefore it may not be feasible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to us from our servers.
How Secure Is My Personal Information?
We use reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, or unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification.
However, HelioVolta cannot guarantee the accuracy of any personal information you provide. Also, you should be aware that, particularly with internet-based services such as SolarGrade, there is always some risk of unauthorized access or loss of personal information stored in or transmitted to and from SolarGrade.
Children Under the Age of 18
SolarGrade and the Service are not intended for use by children. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information to this Website or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from someone under 18, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at our contact information below.
The Service and Website are hosted and operated in and are intended for use within the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that the information submitted to us or the Service will be transferred to and processed in the United States. We do not undertake to comply with privacy or data protection laws of other countries.
Do Not Track Requests